Thursday, October 16, 2014

Shots and other stuff

Here are a few things that have happened over the last couple of days:

- Leo had his seven-year-old check up.  He's healthy and tall (though not as notable tall as his sister is for her age).  I asked her about his...um...hyper-emotional tendencies and his hyper-active tendencies.  She said both are completely normal for his age.  Both my kids bounce off the walls unlike any other kids I know.  They are capable of their quiet calm moments, but they also spend a lot of time running around in circles.  Friends, neighbors, even their gymnastic coaches comment on the hyper nature of my kids.  They will just jump up and down in one place.  They can't help themselves.  It's exhausting to be around, but apparently very normal.  Leo got two shots and he was a trooper.

- There is a kindergarten student at Serafina's school named Princess.  That is her legal given name.  Amazing.
- Yesterday we went to Target so the kids could spend their birthday money.  I warned them that I was going to have zero tolerance for drama and this should be a happy trip.  Leo entered the store and immediately went into full Kermit flail:
I told him to "calm down" and because he's was so on the edge of his emotions, he started crying.  I had made it clear that there would be no crying so I turned to walk out.  He pulled it together after a minute and did a great job picking out what he wanted.  Serafina did great too. Thankfully, no one wanted this...

- Today, Serafina and I went for our flu shots.  Serafina was very nervous and whimpered on the drive there and while I filled out the forms, but when it came to actual shot time she didn't cry!  I was so proud of her.  She was proud of herself too.  She told me she was proud of me because I didn't cry during my shot either.  Of course, I spent this evening on the couch because the shot made me feel kind of crappy and my arm is sore.  I even skipped yoga, which I rarely do.  

No comments: